Day
3 CHRISTMAS WONDER
See that star out in the darkness
Hanging
over Bethlehem?
Has
such tiny, gentle twinkling
Power
far greater than the sun?
See
that donkey lost in wonder
At
the sight before it’s eyes?
Could
this gift God offers man, be
Known
to ass yet not to wise?
See
that baby in the stable,
Sucking
at his mother’s breast?
Can
he be our God?…in nappies?
……Choosing
such a place to rest?
See
that infant, soft and gentle
Gurgling,
burbling, full of joy,
Could
the power that formed creation
Be
contained within that boy?
See
that love, so condescending,
Giving
up his rightful throne,
How
can I ignore his pleading,
“Let
me make your heart my home?”
HPW
©
God
bless you all
Howard
Webber
Bournemouth
UK

1 comment:
'See that donkey lost in wonder' - this line reminded me of my first Christmas as a cadet and we were preparing for the Carol Service at Camberwell. I recall one of my session who had quite a prominent part to play genuinely moving out of an acting role to a personal place at the manger. He lay prostrate before 'the Christ Child' and the lines came to me 'Lost in wonder, love and praise' and I wanted to know what it was like to really be in that place too. I have since known many times, thank you Jesus!
Post a Comment