Matthew 11 v 15 ‘He who has ears to hear let them
listen.’
Those words don’t refer to listening to incessant
music in the shopping mall. It refers to those who hear Christ [teachings] but
don’t listen and don’t let it affect them. How often do we hear ‘Ah, but
Christmas is for children?’ But it
[Christmas] is more than the school nativity play, advent chocolates, and too
many presents. I will always remember a distant relative of mine, aged about
four at the time, saying, when faced with a pile of presents and a large family
gathered around to watch her open them, ‘Do we have to do this?’
We have to, despite all the distractions, listen to
the real message of Christmas, which is of course that God loved us enough to
send his only Son, so that all who respond by believing in him as Saviour, can
be saved.
A prayer of Julian of Norwich :
God, of your goodness, give me yourself, for you
are enough for me, and I may ask nothing less that is worthy of you; and if I
ask anything less, I will always be wanting. Only in you do I have all.
Former Salvation Army Officer



No comments:
Post a Comment