Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Margaret Watson It took me so long to come back Ingrid. When I met my husband we were high in the Himalayas . We were older, not much time left to have children. Someone from IHQ said John could come back to England and be a candidate there - there being no SA where we were.I was only visiting to study. So we married and he completed his contract with the Church Missionary Society. We returned to the UK and were envoys while John was a candidate. We had a divisional farewell for him to go to the ITC. Then we heard nothing. So I asked the D.C. He contacted NHQ to be told that Commissioner Cachelin had changed the upper age limit. very recently. John was now a few weeks too old. We did continue as envoys for a while, but some of you in the UK will remember the storm of 1987. It destroyed the hall and the corps closed. No ne offered us any support. It took me almost 30 years to face coming back.

No comments: