Wednesday, January 27, 2016

I Often Use MY Tattoos

This is the story of how Jesus changed my life. I was raised in a Christian home, and I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior at a young age.  I went to private school from K5- 6th grade in North Carolina. In the 7th grade I had a life altering experience when I changed over to a public middle school. Then my dearly loved grandparents died when I was in high school, and I got angry at God. To drown the pain and anger that I was feeling, I rejected Jesus, dropped out of high school, and fell hard for sex, drugs, women, and rock and roll. I just didn't care anymore.

For 15 years my life has been a struggle with addictions to sex and drugs. Because of my lifestyle, I shouldn't be alive; I should be dead or in jail, like many of my dear friends. Through the years I noticed a hole in my heart that I tried to fill with everything except Jesus. No matter what I did, I still felt empty inside.

Five years ago I cried out to Jesus to forgive me and fill my heart with peace. Jesus changed my life forever, and now I am the happiest that I have been in many years. With Jesus’ help, I'm completely sober: I quit drugs and alcohol without going to rehab. I have a good job at the Post Office. Plus God even lead me to meet my beautiful wife, Reshma, from the tropical island of Fiji!! God is so good!!!  My life choices led me down a path of sin, but I found redemption in my Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ. I chose to follow Jesus, and it has finally led me to the place where I was meant to be. Now I share my story with others. I often use the tattoos that are on my arms that are special to me, to show people that they have two choices in life. On one of my arms, there are tattoos that are related to heaven and on the other arm there are tattoos that represent hell.

I urge everyone to stop filling themselves with the things of this world, which only make you happy for a short time. Instead, fill your life and heart with Jesus Christ. He can give you life everlasting. No one on their death bed has ever regretted being a Christian. Remember that Jesus says, "I'm standing at the door and I'm knocking. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in." Please, my friends, if you don't know Jesus as your personal Savior, you can receive Him right now. Here is a simple prayer that might help you: "Jesus, I want to know you. I want you to come into my life. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin so that I could be fully accepted by you. Only you can give me the power to change and become the person you created me to be. Thank you for forgiving me and giving me eternal life with God. I give my life to you. Please do with it as you wish. Amen.” You are now a new Christian, and you have begun a personal relationship with Christ. 

Now turn from your sin, and trust His Holy Spirit to give you the power to follow Him on a lifelong journey of change and growth. Read your Bible regularly to mature in your faith. Find a Bible-believing church where you can benefit from good teaching and spend time with other Christians. Also Jesus calls us to be baptized to make a public confession of our faith. Billy Graham said that 95 percent of Christians don't tell others the story of how Jesus changed their lives. Your story could change someone’s life; so share it with family members, friends, and others, because you do want them to go to heaven, right? Jesus is the only way!



DANIEL KNUPP






This is a free 24 hour/7 days a week helpline, where you can receive Christian counsel and encouragement: 1-800-NEED-HIM (1-800-633-3446).  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This brings to mind doctrine #7
"We believe that repentance towards God, faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit, are necessary to salvation"

Also, that famous picture of Jesus standing at the door and knocking. You ever noticed there's no door knob or key hole?

Anonymous said...

It's a shame TSA has such an antipathy towards full immersion baptism - it somehow makes doctrine 7 seem incomplete.