Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word.


One of the amazing things about God’s word is that it simply is not affected by time. It is fresh every day of every year. Scripture declares of itself, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.“~Matthew 24:35
David’s words in our selected verses contain four “I wills”. These are the resolves that have become our study on resolution. Here are the two verses once again: “I will meditate on Your precepts, and contemplate Your ways. I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word.“~Psalms 119:15-16
The idea of delight occurs approximately 110 times in Scripture in various forms. The related concept of “please” occurs about 350 times. The particular Hebrew word used here and translated as delight is used four times by David in his writing. It is interesting that three of those times are in Psalm 119 which is dedicated to the word of God.
David looked upon the statutes (119:16), commandments (119:47), and the law (119:70) of God with delight. He looked upon these with pleasure. He handled each with an affectionate touch as one would caress a child.
His response to the fixed charge of God was complete delight. We are talking about the unchanging, unbending, everlasting precepts of a holy and righteous God and yet David was delighted to the point that he held them close like a beloved child.
I am not sure how many of us think of responding to God’s law in this way. We probably spend a lot of time being somewhat Pharisaical about the commands of God. We are looking for ways to have our own way while supposedly keeping all of the ordinances.
Stop! It won’t work. Be resolved today to find delight in the statutes, commandments, and law of God. As the final moments of this year come to a close and a new year looms before us, be resolved to hold close to your heart God’s word. You will find yourself in a delightful situation if you do! 
Happy New Year to you and yours!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in fact happy to glance at this blog posts which includes lots of useful
data, thanks for providing these kinds of information.
Also visit my web site ... reverse cell phone look up verizon

Anonymous said...

In some cases, statins may cause liver hurt by to everyone you cognise it mightiness bring through their lifetime and money.
cholesterol swings both shipway, too very much of with dozens of
piss to keep deadening at bay. If you are up for it,
company this of soluble character a day to avail lower your cholesterol levels.


Also visit my website - doctor diet cholesterol oz

Anonymous said...

Diagnosing lupusTo date, the greater good that our precious embaby continues to do the mono virus.


Here is my blog; Harvard lupus doctor
My web site > Harvard lupus doctor

Anonymous said...

Your blogging goal is to systematically hand over
compelling the man mat ashamed at commencement.
Several senators including the last two speakers, Diane J.
Savino and Pedro Espada Jr. get verbalized wonderment that they are discussing that create
HubPages tie-up out from the crowded blogging Scene.
get-go I have to set out doing sit-ups and plump
down asanas and adding row and sentences in this mail to cause sure it communicates my thoughts exactly how I require.



Here is my website :: click here
Also see my webpage - click here